Recently, the International Expert Committee (IEC) decided to implement several changes in GMP+ BA1 ‘Specific Feed Safety Limits’
16 November 2015
Feed Support Products (FSP) Newsletter 2015 no. 7
Intended for: GMP+ certified companies and certification bodies
Recently, the International Expert Committee (IEC) decided to implement several changes in GMP+ BA1 “Specific Feed Safety Limits”. These changes are mainly the result of changed legal standards. Furthermore, the standards for Copper and Zinc have been withdrawn. A new version of GMP+ BA1, containing all changes is already available.
Below, you’ll find a list of these changes in GMP+ BA1.
- With the publication of Regulation (EU) 2015/186 the maximum levels of arsenic, fluorine, lead, mercury, endosulfan and Ambrosia seeds have been updated.
- Maximum level for hydrocarbons in Sunflower, originating in or consigned from Ukraine, is withdrawn.
- Radioactivity: new EU Regulation is mentioned. The new regulation does not concern adoption of new standards;
- Trace elements Copper and Zinc: these trace elements are withdrawn from the GMP+ BA1. The maximum level for Copper and Zinc are laid down in Regulation 1831/2003.
- Pesticides: the octanol/water partition coefficient (log Pow) is amended. The log Pow is a measure of the solubility in water or fat of the pesticide.